WifeKnows values the women tenacity and welfare. All our content is created to help you out on a daily basis, making your life at home easier as we review and guide you through many essential home tasks that can steal you a precious time. We want to make things simpler for you, so you have enough time to live better and outdone yourself as an individual.The scholarship is a reward for a writing contest.You will put your knowledge skills in hands and create an essay on a specific topic we choose pertinent to all women.You can make a guide like for example : Best Blender for Smoothies 2017
For that reason, we also support women’s hard work on all life fields, specially where our battle is harder to achieve the same goals men can reach easier, including a professional and academic formation.
That’s why we developed the WifeKnows’ Scholarship program, an annual scholarship that will reward women students $1000 to help out a bit with your journey through the scholar life. We want to make your life easier at home and support you investing your time where things really matter, in the education front.
Read the following explanatory excerpt to create your own essay on the topic:
“How Sexism and Misogyny Affects the Life of the Modern Woman?”
Based on the brief case of Amanda Knox’s unfair sentencing and humiliation by the press, write an essay based on ANY OTHER similar context, case or subject that also underlines sexism and/or misogyny in our society, how it impacts a woman’s life nowadays and offer one or more solutions to overcome this scenario.
To write, submit your work and apply to the WifeKnows’ Scholarship contest, you must match the following criteria:
- Wifeknows’ Scholarship is only applicable for women, currently students, from high-school to academic level of education, regardless of age.
- The essay must be around 800 to 1200 words long.
- The writing must be typed. Handwritten works will not be accepted.
- The work must be original and unpublished. The writing will be checked for plagiarism and writings that were previously published on any kind of media outlets, including personal blogs, Facebook pages and similar platforms, will not be considered applicable.
- The essay must include at least three official and authentic sources to
corroborate your argumentation.
- Once you submit your essay, you give Wifeknows.com permission to use it for commercial purposes.
- The essay must follow a logical reasoning as your writing must be based on factual and logical arguments to prove your point.
- The writing style is free, as creativity is also evaluated. We welcome and cherish conceptual writing, provided that you follow the aforementioned guidelines of argumentation and remain objective.
- The writing must explain a particular point of view and prove it reasonable and logical based on the official sources you have to include on your writing.
- The sources that refer to objective statements must be cited as quotations, whilst official data sources, like statistical data, can be simply referred at the end of the writing by an index markers system of your preference, i.e., “1, 2, 3, 4….”; “*, **, ***”.
- Both types of sources, either quoted statements or data sources must be referred at the end of the essay in a separate section that must be titled “References”. You must include links for the official websites where the information can be accessed or, in the case of books and other printed media, you must include an extended reference with the number of the page and paragraph where the data or statement can be found, as well as the year of the publication, and the name of the book and the author.
- Once again, note that the essay must follow a logical reasoning. Religious books or any other kind of abstract, empiric or non-scientific sources are not valid to corroborate your argumentation and you will be eliminated from the contest.
- Your essay must be saved as a “.doc” file.
Send us your essay by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “WIFEKNOWS’ SCHOLARSHIP – YOUR NAME”
In the body of the email include the following information:
- Your full name
- Telephone number
- Full name of the school/university you are attending
- Area of Study
You also must submit an official document that proves you are currently studying and associated with your school/university, including an official certification by the institution, as a signature or an official stamp. This document must be scanned with a good resolution and attached to your email.
Review and Winner’s Announcement
The applied works will be reviewed under the following criteria:
- Evaluation of the proper grammar usage
- Evaluation of writing skills
- Evaluation of creativity
- Evaluation of argumentation and sources
- The evaluations will get a grade of excellence based on the performance on the aforementioned criteria. The total highest grade will naturally be selected as the winner
- The announcement of the winner is made on April 15th. The winner must claim her prize within one month or the second highest grade of the selection will be awarded as the winner.
- To claim the prize, we will contact you and your school/university to prove your association and subsequently, the prize will be sent via check .
Other interesting articles :
- Best Bed Frames 2017 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Baby Strollers 2017 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Memory Foam Mattress Overall 2017 – Buyer’s Guide